Scuba Diver Course
Take your first step towards exploring the fascinating and beautiful world that lies beneath the surface with the NAUI Scuba Diver Course. This course teaches you how to scuba dive, safely and responsibly.
You'll learn about diving equipment, the science of scuba diving, diving safety and the underwater environment. You'll also learn and practice diving skills in our dive pool before you repeat them in closely supervised open water dives.
Successful completion of the course earns you the NAUI Scuba Diver certification card which allows you to engage in diving activities without supervision, provided the activities and the areas dived approximate those of your training.
- Minimum age of 15 years. Junior certification is available for ages of 10-14 years.
- Demonstrate novice level swimming skills.
- Complete a 10 minute survival swim.
- Swim 15 meters underwater in one breath.
- The NAUI Medical Evaluation form has a list of diving contraindications on it. If you have any of the listed medical conditions, simply drop us a call and we'll be able to better advise if diving is a suitable activity for you. The form can be downloaded here.
Total COURSE Fee: SGD745.00
- NAUI Online E-learning
- Diver log book
- Pool session in Singapore
- 5 open water dives in Bintan
- Full rental of diving equipment
- Scuba Diver certification upon successful completion of course
- 2 night stay at Trikora Beach Club in Bintan
- Breakfast and lunch on both Saturday and Sunday morning
- Transfers between Bintan Ferry Terminal and resort
- Return tickets between Singapore and Bintan which will cost SGD70.00
- Dinner on Saturday night which will cost approximately SGD20.00-30.00
Typical itinerary (Times are shown in local time)
1900h - Meet at Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal
2000h - Ferry departs for Bintan
2000h - Arrive at Bintan Ferry Terminal
2030h - Depart by car to Trikora Beach Club
2130h - Arrive at Trikora Beach Club for registration and briefing
0730h - Breakfast
0830h - Meet at dive center for briefing for first open water dive
0930h - First dive of the day
1100h - Second dive of the day
1300h - Lunch
1500 - Third and final dive of the day
1900h - Seafood dinner at a very affordable local restaurant
2100h - Scuba Diver Course examination
0730h - Breakfast
0830h - Meet at dive center for dive briefing
0900h - First dive of the day
1030h - Second and last dive of the day
1230h - Lunch
1430h - Depart for Bintan Ferry Terminal
1535 - Ferry departs for Singapore
1735 - Ferry arrives at Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal
Regarding failure to complete the course satisfactorily
- Passing the course is not guaranteed and a minimum of four open water dives must be completed.
- You are not allowed to progress to the sea if you do not complete your pool session. A partial refund of SGD470.00 will be given should you be unable to progress beyond the pool session.
- Additional dives will not be scheduled solely for the sake of passing students who for whatever reason may require them to pass the course.